Saturday, November 1, 2014

Meditation




Meditation:

My journey with meditation and yoga started more than 7 years ago. It all started with a thought that life is more than taking care of my needs, desires, craze, wants, obsessions etc. The more I thought about this thought, the more I wanted to know about this life.

The first thing that happened, I started to be more aware of my health (the wellness of my physical being). I always use to hear people talk about meditation and yoga, I will see people doing it on different TV channels, I kind of knew what it is, but it never registered with me, until one early Sunday morning ( I am an early bird ), I turned the TV on and it happen to be a yoga and meditation session . I watched it for few minutes, and then something came to my mind, I do not remember my thoughts exactly,  as if to see what yoga is, I moved from my couch on to the carpet, knowingly or unknowingly it was my first yoga session. I never thought I will get hooked on to this new experience of mine, but here I am more than 7 years later, try not to miss it every morning.

So the way my day usually unfolds is; it will start with 20 minutes of meditation; I sit in a very relaxed position, just shadow my deep breathing in and out, after few minutes I feel like I melted into am own breath, nothing else exists other than gentle breathing, I step out of my meditation totally relaxed when I hear the timer go off. Next, it is yoga time, first 10 minutes of warm up and stretches, then 30 minutes of yoga (mostly breathing exercises), 5 minutes of what I call humming (I take a deep breath and hum out slowly any of my favorite tunes) doing this I have noticed, after few days of practice the breathing in gets deeper and the humming out gets longer, during humming I just leisurely look out the window and welcome the rising day.  After shower, for breakfast I usually take glass of water+ oatmeal +fruit+ cup of tea (I am vegetarian, it’s been more than 8 years now) Then I go on with my regular day, in between when I get chance I try to document my thoughts.

My lunch is usually salad with some chopped almonds+ some mixed vegetables (or some soy product) + brown rice (or bread) + fruit+ glass of water.  Dinners is also something vegetarian, snacks in between meals and try to stay well hydrated.

In the evening I will go for a walk and/or skip rope. Before going to bed I will read something, document my thoughts, enjoy blogs from around the planet, do 5 minutes of humming, 20 minutes of meditation, and bed time. The moment I hit the bed I am fast asleep.  

In my experience, Meditation is inward journey, it is a thought filter that never goes bad, and it is a filter that keeps pollution out. Meditation has helped me with my experience of life. From my experience of life, if I have to sum up everything, then the essence so far is that; Love is life, love is always pure love; everything else is pollution of mind. Meditation is state of gratitude, absolute gratitude. You are here and now in the state of gratitude.  There are no questions, no quests.

 The reason I shared, about how my day unfolds is that, in my experience I have seen, every activity, every thought has an impact and influence on how we exist. The physical being, the non-physical being, and everything in-between is all integrated so well, whenever one variable changes, it effects the rest of the equation. Meditation helps to balance this equation. It is a journey from physical to non-physical and vice versa. I need this body, no matter what I like to experience, I need this body for the light of life to kindle and to experience life, I need this body to experience and enjoy the blooming, and meditation helps the body. I am sure with the pleasant presence of all of you and with the help of your fragrance, someday I will bloom too. Thanks for letting me, be a part of your precious unfolding moments.   




Let’s sing the song of unconditional life together.


© Copyright songofunconditionallife.blogspot.com all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment